Sunday, March 6, 2011

FLASHBACK

Are you having one?

Perhaps you're in one.

Are you angsting over a lost moment in time that you desperately wish you could change/take back/redo?

Are you reminiscing about an old flame that you never really got over?

Are you thinking about an old friend who've you've lost contact with?

Are you thinking about an event in your past that would explain why you're a vampire?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you're probably having a flashback.

So, I'm having a flashback or twelve today. Now, I'm going to tell you something internet, and you have to promise not to laugh at me. Actually, come to think of it, I've mentioned Jensen Ackles and polygamy in the same sentence at least thirty eight times. You've probably laughed at me quite a bit already.

Alright, laugh. Do your worst internet. COME AT ME, BRO.

Anyway. So, that thing I was going to mention. Now, when I was a young warthog (when he was a young warrrrthoooggg), I was into this thing called anime. And when I say "into", I really mean "obsessed with". I went the whole nine yards. Cosplay, conventions, studying Japan. I went there.

My first cosplay was Rukia from Bleach, by the way. I went the awesome way and made her white kimono from when she was gonna get executed. Just sayin.

So, anyway. That obsession trickled off, and I haven't watched anime in probably two years now.

Flashforward to me sitting on the couch watching Supernatural. All of a sudden, I get this brilliant idea and I'm all,


And I turn excitedly to my poor mother who graciously puts up with all of my insanity, and I'm all, "OMG LOL I'm gonna watch anime!" 

And she's all,


But I get that reaction from her a lot, so I trucker on anyway. I'm like, "OHKAY. Let's finish watching Dean torture Alistair and be ridiculously gorgeous and then turn the anime dial up to ten shall we?"

And she's all, "Okay, daughter. Don't hurt yourself."

And I'm all, "LOL Dean is pouring salt down his throat, what a badass."

And then it's over and I'm like, "Anime timeee!"

So I throw in Inuyasha, a show I loved back in the good old days. It starts and I'm all,


But then as I'm watching, I start to remember just how cheesy anime is. Like, Keanu Reeves cheesy. Cheese Barn cheesy. So then I get all, 


And that, kids, is why flashbacks suck.

Moral of the story: say no to drugs, but yes to puppies. Especially if it's a stranger that offers you the puppies. Nothing can go wrong when puppies are involved, remember that.

I have to go pretend like I care about pre-contact Canada now. 

Adieu!

Love,
Megan

No comments: